Tasting- Jean Marc Barthez
Name: Jean Marc Barthez
Type: Bordeaux Rouge
Region: Bordeaux
Country: France
Vintage: 2014
Price: $13.99
"Jean Marc Barthez, his wife Eliane and their children work their property and their vineyards with the greatest attention and experience of generations of winemakers. This is a great everyday wine! The nose is vibrant with ripe plum and dark berry fruit while the palate is structured with black cherry and a dash of black and green pepper. This is a fresh and accessible entry level Bordeaux that doesn’t require a meal."
This was my first experience with a Bordeaux. It was much smoother than I anticipated, feeling more like a Pinot Noir. I drank it by itself and it was pleasantly fruity on the palate, nothing too harsh. It was really light and easy to drink, but kind of seemed like it lacked depth. I would drink it again, but it probably wouldn't become my go-to.
Type: Bordeaux Rouge
Region: Bordeaux
Country: France
Vintage: 2014
Price: $13.99
"Jean Marc Barthez, his wife Eliane and their children work their property and their vineyards with the greatest attention and experience of generations of winemakers. This is a great everyday wine! The nose is vibrant with ripe plum and dark berry fruit while the palate is structured with black cherry and a dash of black and green pepper. This is a fresh and accessible entry level Bordeaux that doesn’t require a meal."
This was my first experience with a Bordeaux. It was much smoother than I anticipated, feeling more like a Pinot Noir. I drank it by itself and it was pleasantly fruity on the palate, nothing too harsh. It was really light and easy to drink, but kind of seemed like it lacked depth. I would drink it again, but it probably wouldn't become my go-to.
Comments
Post a Comment