Tasting- Middle Sister
Name: Middle Sister
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Santa Rosa
Country: California
Year: 2016
Price: $12.00
"An explosion of apples and pears, with a slight touch of mineral on the finish. Yummy with minestrone soup, fried calamari, ham and cheese sandwiches, antipasto platter of olives, roasted peppers and marinated mushrooms."
This is a very crisp pinot grigio. I drank this on its own, and it was light and fresh, and definitely aromatic on the fruity side. I agree with the slight mineral finish, almost metallic in taste, but not necessarily unpleasant. Apart from the aroma, I think the flavor profile fell a little bit flat and lacked true depth and flavor. It was slightly lemony on the finish and in the aftertaste, and was overall a decent wine! Not thinking this will be m go-to, but I did enjoy it!
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Santa Rosa
Country: California
Year: 2016
Price: $12.00
"An explosion of apples and pears, with a slight touch of mineral on the finish. Yummy with minestrone soup, fried calamari, ham and cheese sandwiches, antipasto platter of olives, roasted peppers and marinated mushrooms."
This is a very crisp pinot grigio. I drank this on its own, and it was light and fresh, and definitely aromatic on the fruity side. I agree with the slight mineral finish, almost metallic in taste, but not necessarily unpleasant. Apart from the aroma, I think the flavor profile fell a little bit flat and lacked true depth and flavor. It was slightly lemony on the finish and in the aftertaste, and was overall a decent wine! Not thinking this will be m go-to, but I did enjoy it!
Comments
Post a Comment