Tasting- F Bomb
Name: F Bomb
Variety: Blended
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $16.99
"Juicy aromas of strawberry jam, raspberry, and red plum jump out of the glass, with a light framing of toasty vanilla oak. The lush mouth is soft and inviting, with layers of ripe berries and red cherry, with the spiciness of a drippingly sweet black mission fig and just the right amount of oak for framing. Enjoy this crowd pleaser with BBQ'd pork tenderloin served with grilled pineapple salsa and fresh corn tortillas." -Tasting Notes
This was a wine that I simply chose because of the name. I couldn't resist so I ordered the bottle alongside a big pizza. The pizza had smoked chicken, which was complemented by the smoke or toasty element I got in the wine. The wine had a sweeter side that was maybe blackberry, which really paired well with the goat cheese on the pizza too. After dinner we also ordered bread pudding which I think was the star match. The buttery bread soaked up the vanilla and cinnamon syrup and paired really well with a bold red. I think the wine cut through some of the sweetness of the bread pudding without overshadowing it. I would definitely repurchase!
Variety: Blended
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $16.99
"Juicy aromas of strawberry jam, raspberry, and red plum jump out of the glass, with a light framing of toasty vanilla oak. The lush mouth is soft and inviting, with layers of ripe berries and red cherry, with the spiciness of a drippingly sweet black mission fig and just the right amount of oak for framing. Enjoy this crowd pleaser with BBQ'd pork tenderloin served with grilled pineapple salsa and fresh corn tortillas." -Tasting Notes
This was a wine that I simply chose because of the name. I couldn't resist so I ordered the bottle alongside a big pizza. The pizza had smoked chicken, which was complemented by the smoke or toasty element I got in the wine. The wine had a sweeter side that was maybe blackberry, which really paired well with the goat cheese on the pizza too. After dinner we also ordered bread pudding which I think was the star match. The buttery bread soaked up the vanilla and cinnamon syrup and paired really well with a bold red. I think the wine cut through some of the sweetness of the bread pudding without overshadowing it. I would definitely repurchase!
Comments
Post a Comment