Tasting- Carnivor

Name: Carnivor
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: USA
Vintage: 2014
Price: $10.95

"Carnivor Zinfandel is a captivating combination of full-bodied flavors and elegant spice. Bold notes of dark cherry and blackberry jam complement hints of mocha and toasted oak. Carnivor Zinfandel’s rich flavors end with a plush, smooth finish" - Winemakers Notes

I will not lie, I really did not enjoy this bottle at all. I think I may not be a huge fan of the dark cherry or coffee hinted wines after tasting this bottle. I drank this by itself and it was really overpowering, and kind of off-putting to me. Maybe this would go better with a big, fatty, bold meal, but on its own it was not favorable. Ultimately, it tasted like I was eating wood. Although it has a good reputation, it is not one that is going in my book of favorites. The aftertaste was also extremely foul and sour, almost old tasting. Hoping this was just a bad bottle or a poor match for me, but it gave me a bad taste in my mouth, literally and figuratively, towards zinfandel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting- Middle Sister

Tasting- Chateau La Paws

Dinner- Blu (Argentina, France, Italy)