Tasting- Nobilo Icon

Name: Nobilo Icon
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Marlborough
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2016
Price: $22.99
"A rich, complex, full bodied wine with a striking bouquet of passionfruit, gooseberries and nettles. Opulent tropical fruit flavours, complemented by herbal and mineral characters lead to a persistent finish. Sophisticated and delicious."

I won't lie, I was kind of confused how this said that it was a full bodied white wine, and that it said it was delicious. I know I lack exposure to white wine, but to me it tasted grassy, moldy, and almost like cat pee. I couldn't really find anything good to say about it. I had this alongside salmon, a salad, and green beans, and I couldn't make any matches that were pleasing. This could be because alone it wasn't really pleasant at all, but honestly I was really disappointed in this purchase. I had several of my friends take a sip of it as well, and all we concluded in taste, and smell, was cat pee. Maybe it was a bad bottle, maybe I just don't like white wine yet.

Image result for nobilo icon sauvignon blanc 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting- Middle Sister

Tasting- Chateau La Paws

Dinner- Blu (Argentina, France, Italy)