Tasting- Gnarly Head
Name: Gnarly Head
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $9.99
"Gnarly Head Cabernet Sauvignon is King – big, gallant and powerful. This dark, bold Cabernet has solid tannins and jammy fruit, with aromas of black cherry, blackberry, freshly-cracked black peppercorn and floral violet. On the palate, flavors of dense black fruit compote and currant followed by a trio of clove, spice and earth lead to a generous, lingering finish." - Winemakers Notes
I know you're supposed to drink red wines with big, bold, meats, but I opted to drink this alongside sushi! Honestly, I think they complemented each other okay. I was kind of nervous that the red would completely knock out what I was eating, but I don't think it did. I had some medium-fatty tuna, which I think balanced well with the boldness of the red. I wouldn't say that soy sauce and red wine would be best friends, the saltiness of the soy sauce made the red wine a little bitter and off tasting, but after cleaning your palate, it was back to normal! Overall, a great wine, but maybe not my best pairing.
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $9.99
"Gnarly Head Cabernet Sauvignon is King – big, gallant and powerful. This dark, bold Cabernet has solid tannins and jammy fruit, with aromas of black cherry, blackberry, freshly-cracked black peppercorn and floral violet. On the palate, flavors of dense black fruit compote and currant followed by a trio of clove, spice and earth lead to a generous, lingering finish." - Winemakers Notes
I know you're supposed to drink red wines with big, bold, meats, but I opted to drink this alongside sushi! Honestly, I think they complemented each other okay. I was kind of nervous that the red would completely knock out what I was eating, but I don't think it did. I had some medium-fatty tuna, which I think balanced well with the boldness of the red. I wouldn't say that soy sauce and red wine would be best friends, the saltiness of the soy sauce made the red wine a little bitter and off tasting, but after cleaning your palate, it was back to normal! Overall, a great wine, but maybe not my best pairing.
Comments
Post a Comment