Tasting- Black's Station

Name: Black's Station
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Dunnigan Hills, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2015
Price: $11.99
"Bright golden yellow color. Aromas and flavors of spiced apples and pineapples and vanilla yogurt nuts with a satiny, bright, dry-yet-fruity medium body and an effortless, breezy honeyed pear finish with light oak. A simple, but very smooth and tasty chardonnay." - Winemakers Notes

This was a white wine I didn't actually hate at all!! It was a miracle. Honestly, I think the reason I liked it is because it didn't really taste like much. It was definitely oaky, and buttery, like the new world white wines from California, but was pretty subdued. I paired this with chicken and some vegetables, and I think that buttery flavor was brought out by the olive oil in the dish. Everything was pretty soft flavor wise, so I don't think the dish overpowered the wine at all. I got a little bit of fruit flavor in the aroma, and in the back of my throat as an aftertaste. This is opening up new horizons with me and white wine! Would definitely recommend.
Image result for blacks station chardonnay 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting- Middle Sister

Tasting- Chateau La Paws

Dinner- Blu (Argentina, France, Italy)