Tasting- Villa Pozzi

Villa Pozzi, Sicily
Nero D'Avola
Sicilia D.O.C
Italy
2016
$14.13 with Tax

"An intense, inky red, the Nero d’Avola seductively reveals a gorgeous perfume of blackberry liqueur, white flowers, vanilla, and a hint of figs delivered in a leather basket. On the palate, this wine is opulent, full-bodied, and viscous, with a great intensity, superb purity, and a layered, seamless personality that would convince most tasters that this is New World personified." ~Winery Notes

In my opinion, this wine was much more bitter, and almost vinegary, than any full bodied red I had been exposed to. This being said, I would definitely buy it again! After doing some research and seeing that it was lower on the scale behind Cabernet's, I assumed it would be much lighter. But it was one of the darker red wines I have seen in glass. I had never heard of this grape before, but the lady at the liquor store recommended it and mentioned it was a heavy seller. It was different than anything I had ever had, and did not drink it with food. I would say it was more intense than others and had a stronger aroma, but would definitely add this one to my list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting- Middle Sister

Tasting- Chateau La Paws

Dinner- Blu (Argentina, France, Italy)